Class of 2022 Statistics
Full Class of 2022 Data Set (PDF)
- 8,312 applications received
- 2,043 admitted (24.6%)
- 686 students matriculated (59% female, 41% male)
Financial Aid & Background
- 63% receiving need-based financial aid from Vassar
- 19.5% receiving Pell Grant
- 7.3% Vassar legacy (parent/grandparent)
- 13.4% first-generation college
High School Type
- 64% public; 26.1% private; 9.2% religious; 0.7% homeschool.
High School Rank
- 38% ranked in the top 5% of their class; 61% in the top 10%; 86% in the top 20%; 91% in the top 25%
Mean GPA, unweighted
- Of US citizens and permanent residents, 32.7% identify as students of color (16.8% Asian/Pacific Islander; 8.3% African-American/Black; 10.1% Hispanic; 1% Native American); 69.8% White; 15.4% indicate two or more ethnicities.
- The Class of 2022 includes students from 47 states and Washington, D.C., and 31 foreign countries: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Mexico, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Qatar, Serbia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Vietnam.
- 17.6% hold foreign citizenship; 70 foreign citizens; 51 dual citizens.
With over a million print volumes, the Vassar Libraries rank among the finest undergraduate libraries in the world.