Interview with an alum
If you would like to learn more about Vassar through a one-on-one conversation, off-campus informational interviews are available for first-year applicants. Interviews are conducted all over the world by Vassar alumnae/i and are available from November through early-March. These conversations are non-evaluative and are not required, but they are a great way to gain a unique perspective on the Vassar experience. Not having an interview will not affect your admission decision.
- Requests to meet with an alum will be processed only after we have received a student’s application and application fee or fee waiver.
- Please be aware of our alumnae/i interview request deadlines. We cannot guarantee that requests made after the deadline for your application round will be accommodated.
- For applicants required to submit the TOEFL/IELTS, Vassar recommends you also submit an interview as an additional way to demonstrate English language proficiency. You may request to meet with a Vassar alumnae/i volunteer (submit request) and/or participate in a third party interview service. Vassar accepts interviews from InitialView and Vericant. Please note that these vendors, unlike our alumnae/i volunteers, are not Vassar specific. InitialView and Vericant interviewers will not be able to answer questions about Vassar. You must complete your third party interview by March 1st to have it reviewed for Regular Decision.
We understand there is a cost for these vendors; therefore interviews are recommended, but not required. In cases where the interviewing fee would be prohibitive, you or your high school counselor can contact the vendors directly to obtain a fee waiver.
Alumnae/i Interview Request Deadlines for the 2017-2018 Admission Cycle
- Early Decision Round I: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
- Early Decision Round II: Monday, January 1, 2018
- Regular Decision: Monday, January 8, 2018
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.