The career goals of Vassar students are as varied and diverse as the students themselves. To support the full range of their post-Vassar aspirations, Vassar provides extensive resources, including career counseling, graduate school advising and test preparation, and assistance in applying for grants and fellowships.
- 20% Majority of Vassar graduates pursue advanced degrees within 5 years of graduation. 20% do so right after college
- 96% of seniors who applied to law school were accepted in 2017 (national average was 75%)
- 76% of seniors who applied to medical school were accepted in 2017 (national average was 46%)
- 87% Over the last five years, on average, 87% of those who applied through Vassar were accepted to medical school. Among the schools they are attending: Mt. Sinai, Columbia, Tufts, Brown, Dartmouth, Einstein.
Career Development Office
The Career Development Office (CDO) assists students and alumnae/i in developing, evaluating, and actualizing career plans. The office believes career choices should be a reflection of one's interests, values, and skills. Understanding the connections among the three enables a person to find meaning in his or her life's work.
- Increasing self-awareness
- Exploring career options
- Integrating life and work planning
- Securing employment or further educational opportunities
- Locating internships, summer employment, full-time postgraduate opportunities
Office for Fellowships and Pre-Health Advising
The Office for Fellowships and Pre-Health Advising works with students and alumnae/i seeking admission to:
- Schools in the health professions
- Fellowships to fund graduate education, independent study, and research
- Students receive individualized advising and guidance as well as support during the application process
Vassar graduates receive nationally competitive awards each year, including:
- Fulbright grants: Nine recent graduates and other young alumnae/i were awarded prestigious Fulbright Fellowships this year, once again making Vassar College a “top producer” of Fulbright recipients.
- Watson fellowships: Learn more
- National Science Foundation grants: Learn more
- Beinecke Scholarships: Learn more
- Luce Scholars award: Learn more
Vassar also awards more than $550,000 in fellowships for graduate study annually
Vassar Alumnae/i make their mark on the world. Check out some of their stories.