Interview with an alum
If you would like to learn more about Vassar through a one-on-one conversation, off-campus informational interviews are available for first-year applicants. Interviews are conducted all over the world by Vassar alumnae/i and are available from November through early-March. These conversations are non-evaluative and are not required, but they are a great way to gain a unique perspective on the Vassar experience. Not having an interview will not affect your admission decision.
- Requests to meet with an alum will be processed only after we have received a student’s application and application fee or fee waiver.
- Please be aware of our alumnae/i interview request deadlines. We cannot guarantee that requests made after the deadline for your application round will be accommodated.
- For applicants required to submit the TOEFL/IELTS, Vassar recommends you also submit an interview as an additional way to demonstrate English language proficiency. You may request to meet with a Vassar alumnae/i volunteer (submit request) and/or participate in a third party interview service. Vassar accepts interviews from InitialView and Vericant. Please note that these vendors, unlike our alumnae/i volunteers, are not Vassar specific. InitialView and Vericant interviewers will not be able to answer questions about Vassar.
We understand there is a cost for these vendors; therefore interviews are recommended, but not required. In cases where the interviewing fee would be prohibitive, you or your high school counselor can contact the vendors directly to obtain a fee waiver.
Alumnae/i Interview Request Deadlines for the 2016-2017 Admission Cycle
- Early Decision Round I: Tuesday, November 15, 2016
- Early Decision Round II: Sunday, January 1, 2017
- Regular Decision: Monday, January 9, 2017
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.